Tuesday 17 March 2015

& designshop - Rotterdam

I've decided to create a segment on my blog highlighting fascinating and unique concept stores I find in Amsterdam and other places I travel to. Today I'm looking at the & designshop in Rotterdam.


&, the creation of Dutch designers Elwin & Nynke, is an incredibly diverse store representing young talented designers as well as products designed and created by themselves. The high quality products feature everything from hand made jewelry to modern furniture. 


Their embracing of the new designers and the friendly welcome you receive as soon as you walk into the store immediately gives you a homely feel which is only emphasized even more with the dynamic use of space that makes you want to move the whole store into your own home.  


Studio Snowpuppe are another design duo featured in &. Their products are inspired by the Japanese Origami technique. This forms the charismatic design of their lamps which will create compelling lighting for any room. 


I cannot stress enough the energetic vibe & gives you. The electric craftsmanship of all the products and the natural materials used throughout the store really connects you back to nature which is a breath of fresh air in this technologically driven world. Maybe I should pack my stuff up and move to the mountains! 


I really recommend you to visit this shop if you get the chance to and dive into Elwin & Nynke's vitalizing world. 

Address:  Shop/Studio                        E-Mail:      info@en-designshop.com
                Zwaanshals 520                  Twitter:     @en_designshop
                3035 KS Rotterdam            Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/endesignshop

Opening Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 10:30-17:30

I hope you enjoyed this post, see you next time!

Rachel x

Instagram: @rachel_doug
E-Mail:      rachel.bd@hotmail.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. This place is looking so lovely !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete